- Sift the flour and baking powder, add the butter and sugar to it. Using your fingertips, rub the mixture to get a crumbled texture. Add a few tbsp of cold water to form into smooth firm dough. Do not knead the dough. Cover with a damp cloth and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a big round of ¼ “thickness. Using a pastry cutter cut out 12 smaller rounds and press into the tart shells.
- Prick the surface with a fork. Place the tart shells in any suitable baking tray. Bake blind in a 24cm roaster for 15-20 minutes, following the AMC cooking method for baking. Cool and keep aside.
- For the lemon curd, lightly beat the egg and keep aside. Place the butter and sugar in a 20cm combi-bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of water in a 20 cm low and heat on a highest heat till the red indicator of the visiotherm reaches the frying window.
- Set the 20 cm combi –bowl into it. Melt the butter and sugar in this double boiler till the sugar dissolves.
- Now add lime juice and grated rind. Remove from heat and add the beaten egg. Return to heat and cook, stirring occasionally, till the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Remove and chill. Fill each tart with chilled lemon curd and serve.
Nutritional values per portion: 214 kcal