- For the dough, sift the flour with salt and cooking soda together. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the curds and hot ghee/ vegetable fat into it.
- Rub the flour with your fingertips till it gets a crumbled texture. Add water and knead it into soft dough. Cover and keep aside.
- For the filling, add the oil and cumin seeds in a 20cm Low and heat on highest heat without the lid till the cumin seeds splatters.
- Now add the chopped onions, potatoes and peas and fry for a few minutes. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients and add salt to taste. Fry for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Divide into 18 portions and keep aside to cool. After an hour, knead the dough once again and divide it into 9 balls.
- On a well greased surface, roll out each ball into an oblong shape (4” long and 3” wide), cut it into half.
- Lift one half and bring the two corners of the cut edge together. Now seal along the length of the cut edge.
- Pack the open end with a portion of the filling. Lift the rounded end and seal to form a samosa cone. Repeat with the other half. Shape and stuff all the samosas in the same way.
Nutritional values per piece: 95 kcal