For centuries, we have been using glass in many different applications – be it at home, in manufacturing or in engineering. As a material, glass has many positive properties. In this post, we will explain to you in what ways you will benefit from a glass lid in the kitchen.
Every pot will find its (glass)lid
While some people may still be looking for the right person to love, the pot and the new lid from AMC are a match made in heaven. At AMC, your pot may even find several suitors. Its perfect match from AMC is new and transparent – let us introduce to you: the AMC glass lids. Besides looking phenomenal and elegant, they are also exceptionally practical. There are several reasons why you should buy these glass lids to go with your premium AMC stainless steel pots and pans:
- Compatibility: We offer our glass lids in not just one but three different sizes. They are available in diameter of 20, 24 and 28 cm.
- Versatility: The glass lids are suitable for the AMC cooking methods “Roasting with no added fat”, “Cooking with no added water”, and “60°C function”. When combined with Visiotherm and Audiotherm, they are as easy to use for temperature- and time-controlled cooking as stainless-steel lids. Find out more about the acoustic control Audiotherm here.
- Heat resistance: The glass can withstand high temperatures and is not sensitive to rapid temperature changes. When not fitted with Visiotherm, AMC glass lids can withstand temperatures of up to 240°C, meaning they are oven safe.
- Ease of use: It is easy to unscrew Visiotherm from the glass lids. You can also wash all parts of the lids in a dishwasher.
- The perfect fit: The glass lids feature edges designed to provide the perfect fit and seal. This allows steam to circulate inside a sealed cooking vessel and prevents water from dripping onto the countertop when the lid is being removed.
Full view of everything
Have you ever been curious about what exactly is going on in a pot when you are cooking and always wanted to look inside? You are anxious for the culinary creation you are preparing to turn out well. However, it is not very effective to open the lid frequently during the process. You can save a lot of energy if you cook with a lid on. The heat generated is retained inside the cooking vessel, resulting in a shorter cooking time and thus lower energy use. With an AMC glass lid, you will have a full view of everything cooking in the pot or pan without having to keep on opening the lid.
An absolute beauty to behold
The glass lids do not just impress with their practicality. They are, without a doubt, also pleasing to the eye. The material glass gives the lids a clean, elegant, and lighter look and feel. The glass lids can also be turned upside down and used as a beautiful base to serve dishes, for example. You can use the new glass lids to complement your lovingly decorated dinner table and to present your dishes perfectly. And because the glass is transparent and thus neutral, the glass lids harmonize very well with a whole host of colors and materials. If aesthetics is important to you in the kitchen, the new glass lids are definitely a great choice for you.
Do the fruity strawberry cupcakes in the picture look appetizing to you? You can delight your guests by serving them our delicious cupcakes on the new glass lids. Click here to see the recipe for our AMC cupcakes – simply replace the frozen blueberries with an equal amount of finely chopped fresh strawberries
Another culinary highlight that can be ideally presented on the glass lids is the classic Austrian dessert Kaiserschmarrn. This fluffy, eggy pancake can be easily prepared to perfection in the AMC HotPan. The glass lids are also suitable for use in frying due to their heat resistance. Looking to sweeten your guests’ day with this dessert? You can find the AMC recipe here.