When you visit and use our websites, we process technical information such as information about the time our website was accessed, the duration of access, the pages accessed and information about the terminal device used. We process such information for the purpose of making the website available, for IT security-purposes and in order to improve user-friendliness. We also use "cookies".
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device via your browser when you use our website. These text files contain information to enable provision of user-friendly services and are read by web browsers. Cookies enable our website to recognise you so that our web server can present you with a more individual, better, faster, and more customised website.
Please note that if you block cookies you may not be able to access some web content.
There are basically three types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are stored on your computer or device while you are surfing our web pages and are then deleted.
- Permanent cookies: these cookies remain on your computer for a long time.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are created by partner websites and embedded in our site. They are used to deliver personalised advertising, for example.
- We use what are known as session cookies to keep the current session active.
- We use third-party cookies to improve your experience with our content and advertisements.
3. Third-party cookies
4. We currently use the following cookies
|Cookie, technology/providers||Function||Service life||More information|
|__utma||Enables us to record visits and visitors.||2 years||Data protection|
|__utmz||Determines which source / campaign the visitor comes from.||6 months||Data protection|
|__utmx||A cookie that is placed specifically for testing and experimentation within Analytics.||18 months||Data protection|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate||10 min||Data protection|
|__utmb||Used to identify new visits.||30 min||Data protection|
|__utmc||This is used in conjunction with __utmb to determine whether the visit is a new/repeat visit.||Removed when the browser is closed||Data protection|
|_gat||Function-related cookie whose purpose may vary.||2 years||Data protection|
|fe_typo_user||TYPO3 Frontend Session Cookie||Removed when the browser is closed||Data protection|
|PHPSESSID||PHP Session Cookie||Removed when the browser is closed||Data protection|
|cookie_banner_seen||Cookie note seen and accepted||1 year||Data protection|
|non_functional_cookies||disable not functional third-party cookies||1 year||Data protection|
5. Managing/opting out of cookies
- View cookies,
- Enable Cookies,
- Disable all or specific cookies,
- Disable all cookies when closing browser,
- Block cookies,
- Notify me when a site wants to place a cookie, and
- Opt out of tracking web analysis
You can find instructions for disabling cookies on the following browsers on the developer websites. If you block our cookies in your browser, you will not be able to use some areas of our website.