- Prepare a thick white sauce with the sauce ingredients. Heat up a 16 cm Low on highest heat for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and add butter along with the refined flour and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Stir in a pinch of salt. Cool. Combine all the filling ingredients and mix in the sauce.
- Mix all the pastry ingredients to make a soft dough. On a well-floured surface, roll it into a flat round of approx. 7”diameter and prick with a fork all over.
- Line a suitable pie shell with this. Pack the pie shell with the filling and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on it.
- To bake the Quiche, place a 20 cm grater inverted inside a 24 cm roaster and heat up on highest heat till the red indicator of the visiotherm reaches the frying window.
- Place the lined pie shell over the grater, reduce to low heat and bake for 1 hour till done.
Tip: substitute half the quantity of refined flour with whole wheat flour to increase the fibre content.
Garnishing: 6 tbsp grated cheddar cheese