- For the caramel syrup, heat up a 16 cm Low on highest heat till the red indicator of the visiotherm reaches the frying window.
- Add the sugar, lower the heat and caramelize till golden brown. Pour immediately into a flat bottomed mould.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add vanilla essence to it. Dissolve the sugar in milk, mix in the beaten eggs and blend well.
- Then pour into the caramel – lined mould and cover with grease proof paper. Following the AMC cooking method for steaming, steam in a 24cm roaster (with steaming accessories) for 30 minutes till the custard sets.
- Remove the mould from the unit and chill.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the custard with a sharp knife and invert onto a suitable serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutritional values per portion: 198 kcal