- To prepare the Genoese sponge, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a 20 cm Combi-bowl. Pour one cup of water into a20cm low and place on highest heat till the red indicator of the visiotherm reaches the frying window.
- Set the Combi-bowl into this unit, lower the heat and beat the egg-sugar mixture till foamy and pale yellow. Add the vanilla essence.
- Remove from the unit and fold in the cocoa flour. Add the melted butter and mix lightly. Pour into a greased and lined baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 24cm roaster, following the AMC cooking method for baking. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Using a peeler, peel the plain chocolate bar into thin curly strips and keep aside. Drain the cherries and reserve the syrup. Keep 10-12 whole cherries aside. Deseed the remaining cherries and chop finely.
- For the icing, whip the fresh cream till it forms soft peaks. Add the vanilla essence, icing sugar and whip a little more. Divide the whipped cream into two portions.
- Add the chopped cherries to one portion. Refrigerate the cherry- cream and plain cream icing separately for some time.
- To prepare the black forest cake, cut the Genoese sponge horizontally into 3 slices.
- Moisten each slice with the reserved cherry syrup and sandwich with the cherry-cream icing.
- Cover the top and sides of the cake with the plain cream icing. Decorate the top with whole cherries and the chocolate curls. Chill. Slice and serve.
Nutritional values per portion: 326 kcal